Opta Sports’ stats and facts for Saturday’s Super Rugby match between the Lions and Stormers at Ellis Park.
– The Lions have won five of their last six games against the Stormers (lost one) after having won only one of their first 13 meetings in the competition (drawn one, lost 11).
– The Lions have won only two of their last eight South African derbies in Super Rugby (lost six) – one of those wins in that span was against the Stormers – after having been undefeated in 21 derbies prior (won 20, drawn one).
– The Stormers have won only one of their last six away matches against fellow South African sides (lost five), a five-point win over the Sharks (March 2019).
– The Lions boast the best ruck success rate (179/182 – 98%) of any side this season, the Stormers (96%) are one of four other teams with a success rate above 95%.
– The Stormers’ Damian Willemse has made the most metres gained (163m from 20 carries) of any flyhalf this season; the only No 10 to make more carries is the Jaguares’ Domingo Miotti (21 carries for 99m gained).
Photo: Chris Kotze/BackpagePix