Stats and facts for Saturday’s Rugby Championship match against Argentina in Salta.
– The total Test caps for the Springboks‘ starting lineup is 555. There are 175 caps in the backline with 380 caps among the forwards. On the bench, there are a further 275 caps.
– The average caps per player in the backline are 25, the forwards 48 while the players on the bench average 34.
– The average age of the starting XV is 28.
– Eben Etzebeth is the third-most capped Springbok lock with 77 Tests. Victor Matfield (127) and Bakkies Botha (85) are the most capped Bok locks.
– Beast Mtawarira is the most capped Springbok prop with 109 Tests.
– The Springboks need 12 points to reach 1,000 points against Argentina. It will only be the third time that they have achieved that against another country – the other two being New Zealand and Australia.
– Handré Pollard needs 17 points to reach 150 career points in the Rugby Championship and two points to reach 50 career points against Argentina.
– Beast Mtawarira will join Bryan Habana on 53 appearances as the most capped Boks in the Tri-Nations/Rugby Championship.
– The Springboks‘ Test record against the Pumas is: Played 28, Won 24, Lost 3, Drawn 1, Points for 988, Points against 563, Tries for 118, Tries against 53, Win % 86.
– The Springboks‘ record against the Pumas in Argentina is: Played 14, Won 11, Lost 2, Drawn 1, Points for 462, Points against 305, Tries for 54, Tries against 29, Win % 79.
– The referee is Romain Poite of France. This will be his 12th Test as a referee involving the Boks and the 63rd Test in his career.
– The assistant referees are Matthew Carley and Karl Dickson, both from England, while Rowan Kitt, also from England, will be the TMO.
Photo: Samuel Shivambu/BackpagePix